HealthlyLivingSite

Food, clothing, home, tiles, flooring, toxins, eczema, psoriasis, fibromyalgia, autoimmune, migraines, cancer, chronic bronchitis, memory loss, eczema,

ARE YOU BEING POISONED BY YOUR SOAP?

I am but one of thousands who have a skin disorder. Some are due to contact dermatitis.  This page is dedicated to one in particular. Soap poisoning. I didn’t even know it existed until now. I didn’t even know that bath soap was toxic. I knew that cleaning products were. But soap? Shouldn’t something we bath with be safe? According to the article I will post below, soap poisoning comes from long term exposure to it. What? Anyway, here a copy of the article. For more information I have attached the link to the source below the article. Want to be sure you are using healthy soap, make your own. Go to this link to find out how

homemade-soapshttps://healthlylivingsite.wordpress.com/2015/09/27/26/

“What Causes Accidental Soap Poisoning?

People can be poisoned by soap or household cleaning products when they are exposed to them for a prolonged period. Often, people do not realize the strength of the products they are using. They may not open the windows for ventilation because they do not realize they are inhaling chemical fumes while cleaning.

Children may accidentally poison themselves if they are left unsupervised and ingest or inhale the soap products.

Risk Factors: Adults vs. Children

Adults may experience accidental poisoning while cleaning at home or work. Poisoning can occur if you do not follow the instructions for proper product use during cleaning.

However, children tend to be at a higher risk for accidental poisoning from soap or cleaning products because they are more likely to drink or eat these products without realizing that they are toxic.

Recognizing the Symptoms of Accidental Soap Poisoning

The symptoms of soap poisoning will depend on how the affected person was poisoned and how much contact they had with the soap products. If the soap or detergent has come into contact with your skin, you may have irritation, small holes, or even burns on top layer of skin. If you have inhaled fumes from soap products, you may have difficulty breathing or have swelling in your throat. This is very serious because difficulty breathing or swallowing can be life-threatening.

If soap has come into contact with your eyes or throat, other complications can arise. If soap gets in your eyes, you may have loss of vision or difficulty focusing because the chemicals may be burning your eyes. If you swallowed the soap, there may be pain or swelling in your throat and on your lips and tongue.

If you have been poisoned, you may have low blood pressure or your heart rate may drop rapidly. In serious situations, your heart could collapse from contact with the chemicals. Blood tests may reveal that the acid (pH) level of your blood has changed, which can damage your vital organs. This does not always occur with household soap products, but may happen with poisoning from commercial cleaning products.

Effects on your gastrointestinal tract should also be monitored. If you have been poisoned, you may begin to vomit repeatedly and you may vomit blood. You may also experience abdominal pain or have blood in your stool. Depending on the product that you ingested, you may also have burns in your esophagus.

Treatment for Poisoning in an Emergency Situation

Treatment for soap poisoning will vary depending on how you have been exposed to the chemical products. In most cases, a doctor will begin by checking your vital signs, including your pulse, temperature, blood pressure, and breathing. If you know how much or what kind of exposure you have had to soap products, you should tell the medical team right away. Treatment for soap poisoning may include:

  • oxygen

  • pain medication

  • a breathing tube

  • IV fluids

  • removal of any burned skin

  • skin irrigation (washing the skin repeatedly)

  • a bronchoscopy (a camera put down your throat to check for burns in the lungs and airways)

  • an endoscopy (a camera put down your throat to check for burns in the esophagus and stomach)

Poisoning can be life-threatening; you must seek treatment immediately to help prevent severe complications, including brain damage and tissue death.

Is It Possible to Recover From Soap Poisoning?

The outlook for someone who has been poisoned by soap products depends on how much of the chemical they were exposed to and how quickly they were able to get treatment. The sooner an affected person can get help, the greater their chances of recovery.

If chemicals have come in contact with your skin, it may be easier to recover because the damage is mostly superficial. However, if you have swallowed soap, recovery will depend on the amount of internal damage the chemical has caused. Damage to your stomach and esophagus may continue for weeks after you ingested the chemicals.”

Source:

http://www.healthline.com/health/bubble-bath-soaps#Overview1

OTHER HEALTHYLIVINGSITE PAGES

.

.

Advertisements

1 Comment

  1. Reblogged this on HealthlyLivingSite and commented:

    A new look for fall.

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: