Natural Home remedies for skin conditions such as Psoriasis and Eczema.
I will be adding remedies as I find them. If you know of any, please let me know so I can post them here for others to see and try. Thank you.
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Tumeric and Ginger Tea
APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
You may know this product as more than just food. Since ancient times, this product, as has white vinegar, has been used as a disinfectant. It’s also been used by doctors since the late 1800’s to ease the symptoms of psoriasis such as itchy skin.
I have recently ran into an acquaintance of mine that had plaque psoriasis bad on her arms and legs. Two months ago, when I had spoken to her, her plaque psoriasis had gotten worse. Last week, I saw her at the grocery store. We updated each other on how we were doing. She showed me her arms and her plaque psoriasis was practically gone. I asked her what she was doing right. She said her doctor prescribed the use of Apple Cider Vinegar “with Mother”. She said it’s very important to make sure you get the bottle that says “with Mother” on it. This was amazing. I immediately bought a bottle. I have yet to use it because I have not spoken to my doctor yet about using it. I want to make sure it is not something that will react to the medication I am taking.
Even homeopathic methods can react with your current medications, so it’s best to check with your doctor before changing anything in your medicinal routine.
Up to 7.7 million people in the United States have psoriasis.
Sorry I don’t have the statistics for other countries. But you can imagine, if the US has that many people, how many worldwide suffer from skin disorders, not just psoriasis.
Drug treatments are available, but they may cause negative side effects. In my case, I developed Cirrhosis of the liver. Because of drug related side effects, some people turn to natural remedies, such as apple cider vinegar (ACV) for relief.
What you need to know about ACV
Pros to using ACV
- Apple cider vinegar has been used as a natural remedy for centuries to treat burning sensations and ease itchiness.
- Apple cider vinegar can be used in multiple ways, including topically and orally.
Cons to using ACV
- Apple cider vinegar can become detrimental if applied too often or in too large a quantity. Be sure to follow instructions to the letter.
- Apple cider vinegar should not be applied to open wounds. It may also irritate your skin. An allergic reaction is possible with any natural product. Symptoms may include difficulty breathing, rash or hives, dizziness, and fast heartbeat.
- Apple cider vinegar is also used as a natural remedy to heal acid reflux. The acidity may worsen the condition in some people.
- If you drink it, rather than rub it on, apple cider vinegar may erode tooth enamel. Drinking apple cider vinegar through a straw may reduce tooth erosion.
- If you are on blood thinners, talk to your doctor before using.
- If you experience irritation or a persistent burning sensation on your skin, allergic reaction symptoms, or any other concerning symptoms, stop use immediately and consult your doctor.
Always talk to your doctor before starting any new treatment.
ACV may also help with:
- soothing a sore throat
- healing sunburn
- curing hiccups
- reducing acid reflux
- reducing leg cramps
- banishing bad breath
Ways to use Apple Cider Vinegar for skin conditions such as Psoriasis and Eczema:
1: Apply Diluted Apple Cider Vinegar Solution To Skin
In this method take 4 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in a bowl. To it add 6 tablespoons of water. Mix well. Dip a clean cotton ball or cloth in the mixture and apply it to the affected area. Follow the remedy three times a day until you get relief.
2: Bathing In Apple Cider Vinegar Mixture
For this method fill a bathtub with warm water. Add approximately 1-2 cups of apple cider vinegar and mix well. Soak yourself in this water bath for half an hour. After half an hour have a shower to remove the apple cider vinegar. Do this three times a week.
3: Drinking Apple Cider Vinegar
Diluted Apple Cider Vinegar:
Take a glass of water .To it add one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar. Mix well. Have this solution twice daily in order to get relief from psoriasis.
Drinking Apple Cider Vinegar With Honey And Black Strap Molasses:
Take 2 glasses of water. To it add two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar. Mix well. Now add one tablespoon of honey and one tablespoon of black strap molasses to the mixture. Mix well. Have this mixture thrice daily half an hour before your meals.
Drinking Apple Cider Vinegar With Baking Soda
Take a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar, one fourth teaspoon of baking soda and a cup of water .Mix well. Have this solution twice daily half an hour before meals to get relief from psoriasis.
There are many recipes out there so that you don’t have to drink it plain. See the recipe below:
Apple Pie Apple Cider Vinegar Drink
Be sure to buy raw, unfiltered, organic apple cider vinegar (like Bragg’s). This variety has the “mother” strands of proteins, enzymes, and friendly bacteria that give the product a murky appearance similar to kombucha.
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons organic apple juice (no sugar added)
6 ounces cold water
4 drops liquid vanilla stevia
Sprinkle of cinnamon
1-2 cubes ice
- Combine all ingredients in a cup and stir or shake to combine. Taste and add more stevia if necessary. Serve chilled or over ice.
- 1 serving
TURMERIC AND GINGER TEA
- 1 cup of water (filtered)
- 1 teaspoon of grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon of grated turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of honey or lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- Bring the water to a boil in a saucepan or stainless steel pot.
- Add the turmeric and ginger, and then bring the heat down to a simmer.
- Allow the mixture to steep for 10-15 minutes.
- Strain the tea into a teapot.
- Add the black pepper, lemon juice, and honey, and enjoy the beverage!
How often can you drink Turmeric Ginger Tea?
Side Effects Of Turmeric Ginger Tea
Drug Interactions – Speak to your doctor before drinking this tea if you take:
- Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs)
- High Blood Pressure or Blood Thinning Drugs
- Diabetic Drugs
- Medical Conditions – If you have a history of gallbladder issues or kidney stones, this tea could exacerbate the conditions by increasing uric acid levels in the blood.
- Allergic Reactions – Allergies to ginger and turmeric do exist, and may result in skin irritation, headache, nausea, dizziness, swelling of the tongue, lips or throat, and other common allergic reactions.
- Pregnancy – Most experts argue that the potent medicinal effects can be dangerous to breastfeeding and pregnant women, so this herbal combination should be avoided.
- Gastrointestinal Distress – When turmeric ginger tea is consumed in excessive amounts, it can cause stomach upset, bloating, and cramping. 1 cup per day is sufficient to achieve the health benefits of this drink.
OTHER HEALTHYLIVINGSITE PAGES
- ABOUT THE HEALTHYLIVINGSITE BLOG
- WHY HEALTHYLIVINGSITE WAS CREATED
- HIDDEN TOXINS IN YOUR HOME
- SKIN DISORDERS
- FREE AND CLEAR PRODUCTS – DYE, PERFUME, AND FORMALDEHYDE FREE
- GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
- Hidden Toxins in your Food, Clothing, etc
- VEGAN AND VEGETARIAN RECIPES
- NEED NUTRITION FAST?
- MORE NUTRITIONAL THAN…
- DIY BABY POWDER FOR SENSITIVE SKIN
- Does Apple Cider Vinegar Help with Psoriasis?
- http://www.earthclinic.com/cures/psoriasis.html (has a list of many home remedies to try)
- Natural Psoriasis Treatments 411